Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How will the Penn Valley Cultural Center fill community needs?
A: With –
- A 5,000 square foot space for an expanded Penn Valley Library
- Multi-use of varied spaces
- A Visitor’s Center
- Class room space for educational programs for all ages
- Meeting space for service organizations and other users
- Certified kitchen
- Banquet seating for 360 people (indoors)
- A Performing Arts Hall with superb acoustics for concerts, theatre, dance with seating for 562
- Outdoor courtyard
- Parking for 344 vehicles
- ADA compliant – convenient for all users
Q: What will the Penn Valley Cultural Center cost?
A: Based on a 2016 build, it is expected to cost around $6.9 million. Donations and other space sponsorship could reduce the amount to be raised to bring the project to reality. The Penn Valley Community Foundation will accept cash donations, pledges, bequests, gifts of stock or other assets, and other charitable donations and can work with donors to determine the best method to support the Cultural Center.
Q: What will the building look like?
- Building size will be approximately 27,700 square feet
- Site will accommodate adequate parking for any activity
- Design will be selected that “fits” the community’s needs
- Building will be placed for optimum use of available space
- Site will be landscaped and will have outdoor venues